Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It's Official!!




I am a new owner of a Masters Degree! The official degree is: Masters of Science in Education, major in curriculum and instruction. On May 14th I joined a few of my friends and we lined up in a hallway, made sure we had our hoods, walked into the auditorium, waved at Sam, Cindy, and my parents, along with some professors. We waited a little while then it was our turn. We were hooded by two gentlemen, another gentleman made sure our hood was in the right position, got our picture taken in front of the NYS flag and the US flag, walked up a ramp, had my name called by one of my professors (who also wrote me an awesome recommendation for my job and talked me up to the principal) received a nice green portfolio with a letter inside of it, walked down the ramp, and back to our seats. The ceremony did not last very long but SUNY Oswego knows what they are doing, as they should after 150 years.


Afterwords we went to dinner then headed to MA. It was quite a whirlwind of events and it was a great time. Today I received a letter in the mail from SUNY Oswego acknowledging that I have completed all necessary classes and that I will be receiving my diploma shortly!!

No comments: