My first year of teaching is complete! At the end of the year I was able to go on senior trip. Mostly because the woman who has done it for the past 7 years is retiring and they needed someone to take over. So myself 7 other teachers and about 80 high school seniors took a 4 day trip to California. We left Sunday night, drove all night to Six Flags; Magic Mountain. Without a lot of sleep on the bus I didn't feel good and spent most of the day sitting inside drinking water and sprite. I did manage to go on a few roller coasters with the students and they seemed to have a good time. We headed to the hotel and everyone pretty much went to bed. In the morning we hit IHOP then went to Disney! It was a beautiful day and here we are having fun!

Face off with a storm trooper, it took a while to get him to stand still so I could take a picture with him
Parade!
(Most) of the group in front of the princess castle =)
The annual teacher picture, next year I'll remember where the camera is...
Some students have an awesome time!
After we got back from senior trip we had one day of class for the under class men before graduation. I had about 20-30 students out of the 160 that I had taught and a few others I had gotten to know on the trip. I felt like a proud mama bear watching my students walk across the stage shaking hands and taking pictures. After the ceremony there were lots of hugs from students. Some students told me they couldn't have done it without me and that was the biggest reward. I hope the students keep in touch because they are amazing. I can't wait to do it again next year!
Now I have a wonderful 10 weeks off, well kind of. I am reverting to my high school days and I have a summer job at a coffee house! It's a new place and it reminds me a lot of the Dragonfly in Pleasantville. Yay summer!!




No comments:
Post a Comment