It is a new school year and this year will be filled with challenges. I am teaching 2 College Algebra/Trig classes, 2 Algebra 1 classes, and 1 AIMS Prep class. These are the same classes I taught last year so I don't need to spend all of my weekends working on lesson plans which leaves me time to enjoy and relax on the weekends.
I spent the summer working at a local coffee house and it was great to do some easy work and earn a few extra dollars. I am still working there on Saturdays and a Sunday a month. Sam is starting week 3 of the police academy this week, he's gone to the academy Tuesday and Thursday nights and all day on Saturday. When he isn't at the academy he is working or working out so there isn't much family time, which makes the family time all that much sweeter.
This week starts week 2 of school and the math department has an in service day to help align the state standards to the new PARCC test that we will be using as an assessment in the next few years. This is a nation wide test that will be taken on computers. We are wondering who will be buying the computers for all of our students to be taking these tests on. It will be a stressful few years but hopefully these assessments will be better than the AIMS test that the students are struggling to pass.
The good news is that I have a smartboard!!! I haven't been able to use all of the fun stuff on it yet but I will get around to it and it will be awesome! The students are getting used to using it as am I. I'm really looking forward to this year and I think it will be a good year. At the beginning of the year I asked the students to set a goal for the year and my goal is to be a better teacher this year then I was last year. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment