Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 1

Today was my first day at Rural/Metro. I didn't sleep very well last night and was wide awake and ready to go at 6:45. I showered and was ready to go got downstairs ate a little breakfast and was out the door at 7:15. With traffic and the rain I pulled into the parking lot at 7:45 (the time we were suppose to be there) and I was one of the last to get to class. We punched in and got ready for the day. We handed in our homework and started with some getting to know you stuff and then we started with OSHA. After OSHA two of the ladies from the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) at Crouse came in and talked to us about what they do when they have a transport. It was really interesting stuff. We did other random things such as unloading boxes of saline off the back of a UPS truck, ate lunch, took pictures for our ID badges, scanned our fingers for the time clock, reviewed parts of our test, FIT tested masks. It was a lot to go over and there is alot of information that I'm not going to remember. We have a quiz tomorrow on 39 10- codes, 10 no transport codes, and 6 disposition codes. Should be fun =) day 2 tomorrow

No comments: