Saturday, May 9, 2009

Zoom Zoom Zoom

A lot has been happening recently and it has all been happening really fast. I've been working with Rural/Metro for about a month now and I have been on the road for two weeks and this past day 4 we had my first stabbing, it was really interesting... Anyway back to the teacher stuff...

I went to the teacher recruitment day (TRD) in Cortland on the 23rd of April and it was very interesting. It was also pretty sweet cuz I got to meet up with Amanda and spend some time with her and a few other friends from school that I haven't seen in a while. At the TRD there were several schools from all over NY, a few other states, and a few other countries. I dropped of my resume to a bunch of schools that were already booked with interviews for the day. I did manage to get 4 interviews with 4 different schools 1 from NY that's in the Syracuse area, 2 from VA, and one from MD. The school from MD is right outside Baltimore and the principal who interviewed me was really excited and said I was a good candidate for the Baltimore County Schools. I sent some follow up emails to one of the recruiters and he told me to give him a call next week and he's excited about my interest in the school and is looking forward to speaking with me next week. 

I'm really excited about the possibilities of moving to MD and having a full time teaching job but I'm not going to jinx it just yet. If I do get this job I'll move down to MD find a nice place to live and get a puppy!! 

So keep your fingers crossed and send good thoughts this way on monday and we'll see what happens! 

No comments: