One of Abby's friends applied and was accepted to Teach for America. I had heard of this program once when I was in my methods class as an undergrad. I looked around the website and decided that it was time to apply since the other job perspectives still are not looking very good. While looking at the website they employ traditional and non traditional teachers. They had several thousand applicants last year and are very selective but I think that having a teaching degree and my masters in math will put me at the top of the list. It's a two year commitment with benefits that are hard to beat. It will be another month before I hear anything but I'm pretty excited about this opportunity.
On the Grad school front, tomorrow is my last day of classes until Jan 2. It turns out that Oswego is offering a math class over the winter session. It is completely online which is nice because I can still work and see Sam and the puppy and travel if I want to. This semester has been very long and I'm looking forward to a few weeks off. A 10 minute presentation, a final, and an extra credit paper stands between me and 3 weeks of freedom and creativity!
No comments:
Post a Comment