Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Road Trip!

Well a plane ride... I got a phone call from the Show Low High School principal. I sent them an application a while ago when I saw a posting online. I received an email from the school saying they filled the position. A sigh went through my mind and I chalked it up to another waste of time. When the phone rang today I thought it was work, I answered it and it turned out to be the principal of Show Low, he wants to interview me for the math position. There is a math teacher who is retiring this year and he is looking to replace her. He said that he could do a phone interview but he wouldn't hire someone off of a phone interview, so I am flying to Arizona on Monday for an interview on Wednesday. From what he was saying I think he is impressed with my resume and I have just as good of a chance as anyone else they are looking at. So I get to spend a day in the Grand Canyon with Sam's sister. Then I'm going to go to Show Low and look around, get a feel for the neighborhood, see if I can find some good eats, tour the school, possibly sit in the class I would be taking over if I get the job then head back home. It should be an interesting trip and I'll be really upset if I don't get the job but I can't get it if I don't try!

No comments: