It has been brought to my attention that I need to update this more regularly...
Today we reviewed for our chapter 4 test in Algebra 1. Several students said "we have a test tomorrow?" They have only known about this test since Thursday since that's when we finished the unit, reviewed on Friday and again today. So whinning and moaning, kicking and screaming the kids are (hopefully) ready for their test tomorrow.
In AIMS prep we did a short lesson and the kids proceeded to talk about things that "pop my bubble." As a junior in high school I had an outrageous US History teacher who kept telling us that we went home on Fridays ate oreos and pepsi and watched the history channel. Now that I teach seniors I have taken over the bubble persona. Except my students drink chocolate milk, eat oreos and watch animal planet. I tell my students that I live in a bubble and not to pop it with topics of drinking, drugs, or sex. Sometimes my bubble is dented by the time they leave and other days it is a happy bubble. I know it happens, i just don't want to hear about it!
College Algebra is always a good time. I had a student from the class across the hall ask me a geometry/algebra 2 question that I wasn't sure how to do. My next door teacher who teaches both algebra and geometry was a much better help, but I do get half credit for having half of the equation I'm not used to working with.
When I got home I realized that someone had called me from a 315 area code and left a message. I listened to the voicemail and chuckled a little. The Principal of the middle school I did my long term sub position at the beginning of the year called me and asked if I was interested in a maternity leave that would start after Christmas. I called him back and told him I took a job in Arizona and that I wish him luck finding a teacher. A day late and a dollar short my friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment