Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Complement

Monday we had a parent teacher conference and I had a shock and surprise from another teacher. The teacher of the year from last year who has her PHD in science is known as one of the toughest teachers in the science department. Another teacher who couldn't make the conference teaches English and she has a history of being a hard but great teacher. The science teacher said to the student and to the parent that he has three of the toughest teachers in the school, referring to herself, the english teacher and ME! I didn't think I was a hard teacher but I guess the students see me differently. I took it as a complement and it made me feel pretty good about how I am running things in my classroom even though I still feel like I'm drowning some days.

The principal then said that he had the best teachers for his core classes and he couldn't be in better classes and that the 3 of us were the best in the country. I have a feeling he was saying that because he had to say that but it still felt good.

The same science teacher was talking to the other first year teacher saying that I'm always at school working. It feels good to be noticed, especially for good things =) tomorrow is another day! 2.5 weeks till the end of my first semester!

No comments: