Thursday, February 26, 2009

ES-M

So I had my interview yesterday at 10 am. well it was suppose to be at 10 am. the meeting didn't start till about 10:15.  I do think that I have a 50/50 shot, which is pretty good (unless they have more interviews today or tomorrow). There was my interview at 10 and another at 10:30, which gives me 50/50 odds. The interview went pretty well. It was only 2 people again, the principal of the school and the technology coordinator. It turns out that non of the application candidates have C++ certifications so the teacher who will be on leave, maternity, will come in for that class and teach that class so instead of full time i will have 4/5s part time... which was one of the questions asked of me by the interviewers. I told them that was fine and that I was more interested in the experience then the money. Yes the paycheck will be nice to have but if I am able to get into the classroom I can update my resume with a long term substitute position instead of just student teaching I think it will make me more appealing when looking for a job in the future. 

The only thing I'm really worried about is having to do all of the lesson plans. It shouldn't be too hard or difficult for me as long as I have time to do it. The job starts the 3rd and I don't know how much work has gone into the sub position. The administration is willing to help me out but it's more the other math teachers that I will most willing to go to for help if I need some. 

After the interview they asked if they could contact my references and I told them yes, they also wrote down Mrs. L's phone number to contact her since one of the classes has an aid and they want to see how I worked with an aid in the class and with the special needs students. 

I feel kind of confident but I don't want to get my hopes up too much. I'm not sure when I'll hear but hopefully it'll be soon.

No comments: