Thursday, March 5, 2009

Aggravation and applications

I had my interview today for Central Square. It went well. The principal who interviewed me seemed really surprised that I didn't have a job. He asked the basic interview questions and what I'd be willing to sub for (middle and high school any subject). He said that I was pretty much a guaranteed hire I only had to get cleared by the board of education which doesn't meet until the first Monday in April...

When I got home I decided to call ESM and ask about the position they hadn't called me back about. So I called and the principal said that I did really well and that I was their second choice. The person they chose had worked in the school, lived in the district and knew the students so that's why they gave it to her instead of me. But I did ask them if I could get on the regular sub list and I was given number of the person in charge made a phone call and the application has to go through some process and then they'll let me know. 

I then called Baldwinsville since I put in an application in December and hadn't heard anything back from them, they said they were waiting on a copy of my transcript and letters of recommendation, so my transcript is now with them on their online application and I'm getting my letters of recommendation sent to the school within the next few days.

I also called Liverpool School district which was the first long term sub position and asked them about putting me on the sub list and they told me to stop by and pick up a packet. A PACKET!! When I put in the long term sub position it was just an online application. So I'm going to stop by tomorrow and pick up a packet fill it out then give it back so I can get on their sub list too.

Finally I called APW another school that I had put in a sub application for in December they had sent me a letter saying they would be calling me to schedule an interview but they never did so I called them too and they said they had a changing of hands in the interview/hiring process so I called the person now in charge of hiring and he was out so I left a message for him to get back to me.

Rural Metro did send me a letter today asking for me to request a copy of the accident report from the accident I had a year and a half ago...stupid old people who shouldn't be driving. So I'm hoping that the accident that shouldn't have even happened doesn't stop me from getting that job. So there are several things that will hopefully open up soon. I'm feeling extremely useless at this point

No comments: