Thursday, March 19, 2009

work?

These past few days things have started to look up. I filled out paperwork for Central Square to sub. Took my picture for my ID badge, now all I have to do is wait for a board meeting. So hopefully within the next two weeks I should be subbing in Central Square. 

I also had an interview with SOVAC (Southern Oswego Volunteer Ambulance Company) yesterday, the local ambulance here in the square. It helps when the hiring committee already knows me and I had worked on a call with one of them yesterday morning and he said he was pretty impressed with me... So I was interviewed by three out of the four full time employees. It's a small ambulance company that covers a good portion of the county. They only run one rig at a time so it's quite different from CMT. I had filled out an application in Jan with minimal info since it was a generic application. It asked for previous employment and I had put CMT and the park from this summer since those were the 2 EMS jobs I have had, they knew I was in central square FD because they have seen me on the calls. During my interview they asked me about my experience and I told them: I have been a firefighter for 6 years, this is my 4th year of being an EMT, I was on the squad at school for 4 years holding an officer position and crew chief position, I was with PVAC for a summer, CMT for 2 years, the park for a summer, and now central square FD. After I got done listing all of those off their eyes opened wide and one of them said...wow we didn't realize how much experience you have. So I'm hoping that my experience and the fact that they know me and have seen me work will get me the job. Pay is around what it was with CMT and if I can get a decent amount of hours in every week I should be able to sub also and get decent paychecks.

Haven't heard back from anyone else yet but those are the big 2 right now and the closest to home =)

on a side note GO SU!! Obama has picked SU to climb the basketball ladder this year and it's very exciting. The streets are filled with Orange!

No comments: