At 8:30a I headed down into the city for my interview. I parked my car went in. I had printed up a resume last night and had everything ready to go incase they needed anything. I walked in, handed my resume to the HR guy and he said they were waiting on 2 other people. Our interview consisted of a 100 question test, practical skills (trauma and AED), interview questions, and "get to know you" questions. I didn't think I did too bad on the test but I got a 70...I guess I should have studied for my interview... The practical skills went well. I was able to hit what they wanted me to hit (oral airway, DCAP-BTLS, detailed physical exam, stuff like that). The AED was a trainer and it wasn't working so I had to walk through the AED without the device.
The regular interview questions were easy. "Why do you want this job." "What would you change about your last job." "What are your strengths." What are your weaknesses." The regular questions that they ask you. He told me that they were going to discuss everyone who applied this after noon and send out letters tomorrow am.
After all of that I had to take a drug test and go to the DMV. I made my way over to the place and was waiting my turn and the HR guy called me. I figured he forgot to tell me something or needed some other information from me. Alas I was wrong, he was calling to tell me I had a job! The assistant training director said he needed as many people to come in on Friday to do paperwork and get fitted for uniforms since they are on back order.
I start on the 6th and I'm doing orientation for 2 weeks. Benefits kick in after 30 days and after 6 months if they like what they see they are willing to put me a CIC/CLC class so I can teach CPR and EMT-B since I expressed some interest in that.
SOOO I have a full time job with benefits and I'm so excited about it. It's not a teaching job but it's close enough right now and it's doing something I love and if I can teach EMS that would be pretty sweet. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment