One of the other teachers had a really good idea, she has a binder for homework excuses and every time someone didn't have their homework assignment she would tell them to sign her book just so she didn't have to listen to their excuses. With the take home quiz due today there were some pretty good excuses that I heard today including "I didn't know it was due today" when we had talked about it on monday when it was assigned, including highlighting, staring, bolding, or doing whatever you had to do to draw your attention to the fact that the due date was already written down!! One kid had put it uncompleted in his 5 week folder and when I asked him where it was today he said it was in his 5 week folder because that's where I told him to put it... granted we did tell them to put their GRADED quizzes back into their folders, what gets me is how he was suppose to do his take home quiz when it was locked up in a cabinet and he said something about it today, when it was due.
For period 3 I had Mr. B. play with me on the smartboard. The kids had a great time with it. I forgot to use the key phrases product and factor but after 3rd period I remembered to include it in the other periods.
4th period (inclusion class) I had Mrs. L. play with me. She hadn't used the smartboard yet so I thought it would be cool to have her play with me. the kids did really well and were able to play and understand what was going on. 2 of the girls in the back of the classroom weren't actually playing they just circled and squared random boxes.
7th period (advanced class) was awesome. Dr. S. came and visited today for his first observation which went extremely well. The kids were awesome and I got one of them to come up to the smartboard and help me explain the game. They did really well with the game and were able to sum up at the end of the period. A few of them had trouble on the worksheet but with a little help they were okay.
Mr. B. took over 8th period so I could talk to Dr. S. about how I did 7th period.
For team planning we carried soads from the other Mr. B's car into the fridge for the dance on friday.
10th period was chatty again. I know it's the last class of the day but they are just so chatty. They have gotten a lot better but they are still loud and agitating. I really have to work on being more of a grouch in that classroom. make sure they know that it's my classroom and not theirs.
ok i'm done ranting. 2 days of field trips, a weekend, and another field trip seperate myself from another 4 days of teaching, two of them are review and one is a test and on friday, we start algebra!!!
1 comment:
I would recommend this game as a way to strengthen integer multiplication facts. The students were engaged in playing. When given an option to play another game or to take the time to work on homework, over half of the students played another game.
Post a Comment