So I guess 3 field trips and a weekend really calms some kids down. Today was a really good day. We reviewed the take home test that a bunch of the kids did poorly on. Went over that then got into the "rules for dummies" for adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing integers. In some of the classes we also went over the homework and assigned the notebook check for everyone to go over for homework so we can have another grade for everyone since the end of this week is the end of the 5 week period and parents get grade updates at the end of every 5 weeks. so we'll have 2 quiz grades, a notebook check, a participation grade, and a test grade for the kids. Not a whole lot for 5 weeks but we had 2 days of PBIS and 3 field trips. Some of the kids might have failing grades because of the take home quiz. Hopefully the test will bring their grades up along with the notebook check.
Mr. B and I had a little check up chat I guess you could call it. I mean we talk about the lessons I'm teaching after each period or after every 2 periods and he gives me feed back about the lesson and what I did well or what I need to improve on. Today was just a general over view. He says that the classroom management went a lot better today then it has been going the past few weeks. He also told me that I have been noticing the little things, the raising of the hands, talking out of turn, slouching, not doing work, rocking on the chairs, tapping of fingers/pencils, the little things that kids need to stop doing.
Tomorrow we play jeopardy and that should be a lot of fun. Reviewed today and tomorrow test on thursday grades due friday... what a way to come back from 3 field trips and a weekend
1 comment:
Loved reading your blog. I am also very happy that you are enjoying teaching math. I hope you can show your love of math to your students. I know, only geeks like math, but being a geek isn't that bad. Love you
Post a Comment