The first week of school is officially over. The school day went well. We had an assembly between second and third hour and since I gave the students a pretest on Thursday I wanted to give the students a fun graphing activity to work on. It seemed that the students had fun doing it and it helped me see how students are graphing. Some students had some trouble and others were done before I knew it! I felt bad for one of my students because he had me first hour, then had his schedule changed and had me again 4th hour. So he was able to finish his graph of a cat and colored the whole paper and it looked awesome. I was really impressed. Even the seniors had fun graphing and coloring and asked me if we could do this kind of math everyday! I guess I know what's going in my sub folder!
The assembly was a lot of fun. They called it a pep assembly. We have an awesome cheer team and band and it was fun to see the kids get excited. As a new teacher I am part of the advisory team for the freshman class, which should be fun =)
The air conditioning was still out for the day and the principal kept coming into the classrooms to see if it was any better. He did mention to me that he was impressed what I was doing with the kids, and it was only the 3rd day of school! Tomorrow should be interesting since I am giving out textbooks, starting a new lesson, and giving homework! =O This week is going to be fun and exciting and I am really looking forward to it.
We finally figured out what was going on with my second period class. I had 4 students that were supposed to be in a different class. So it took me going to the council office and talking to them in order to find this out. So second hour is back to a normal size along with all of my other classes. So tomorrow we start with the real stuff!
Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment