Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Dance

So today qualified as a good day. My first period class went well. My second class, which is my biggest, was really obnoxious today. They complained about seats even more today, it took them forever to settle down and they continued to scream and talk to their friends across the room. I started getting agitated and told the entire class that I was "30 seconds away from giving a pop quiz." I tried to continue my lesson and students continued to talk over me. So I told them to clear off their desks, pop quiz time. At least they had fair warning...

My third class was pretty rambunctious too so I sat on a desk on one side of the room and waited until every one settled down. It took them 9 minutes to notice that I was waiting until they settled down. I told them that if this occurs again they will all be in lunch detention... we will see how tomorrow goes.

After school I had a meeting with the math department and we reviewed a pretty awesome website that I will use more in my classroom to help my students. While we were talking about this website I had mentioned that using the calculator would work really well on a smartboard and the principal looked at me and said "we have one for you." I couldn't believe my ears I get a smartboard!!! =) I'm so excited! This adds another hour or so to my lesson planning but it will be worth it! Using the mini laptops and the website tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about that too!!

No comments: