Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Time to sink or swim...

Today was an interesting day. We started the day with a school wide faculty meeting. We met in the library at 8 went over pretty much everything we went over in new employee orientation, argued about some things, and sat in the library for about 4 hours. yay...

After that the math department went to lunch (minus 2) and chatted about different things. It was nice to get away from school for a little while and just relax.

After lunch we went back to the school and I typed up my syllabus, and tried to figure out what I needed to do with the school's grade book. While figuring things out I noticed that my class of 22 went to 24, my class of 29 went to 32, my class of 10 went to 13, my class of 4 is gone, and my class of 12 is still 12. Needless to say I started flipping out about having 32 students in my class since it messes everything up in the layout of my classroom. I wasn't happy about having 29 students in one class but when I have a class of 12, there is no need to have a class of 32!

Now that one of my college algebra prep classes is gone I might be teaching another algebra class, a geometry class, or an AIMS prep class. We're going to meet after school tomorrow and discuss what's going on after we meet with our classes. It'll be a fun day because I might need to come up with lesson plans and a syllabus for a class I wasn't planning on teaching all Wednesday night. Should be fun!

Lets see what happens tomorrow!

No comments: